By Tessa Kluetz, Uniquely Northwest Project Manager
We here in the Seattle office are excited for summer! We are already enjoying beautiful weather, and it looks like it will be another gorgeous Seattle summer. Being so close to beaches, mountains, and lakes, the possibilities for summer fun in Seattle are endless!
Here are a few of our favorite summer past-times:
- Hopping in a kayak or on a paddle board for a paddle on Lake Washington, Lake Union and along Shilshole Bay in Puget Sound
- Hiking on any of the great trails in the area such as those on and around Mount Rainier, Mount Si, Rattle Snake Ridge, Poo Poo Point, and many more
- Relaxing on the beach at West Seattle’s Alki Beach, Discovery Park, and Golden Gardens
- Enjoying a delicious local seafood dinner on an outdoor patio at one of the nice restaurants on Lake Union watching the boats go by
- Taking the ferry to one of the nearby islands, either for a short day-trip or a longer weekend adventure
- Having fun at summer festivals and outdoor concerts in urban parks
- Joining the hustle and bustle of the legendary Pike Place Market and eating our way through it!
- Tasting excellent local wines at one of the many wineries in nearby Woodinville
- Biking along the scenic Burke Gilman Trail with a beer and brats break in the beer garden at Red Hook Brewery
- Searching for orca whales as well as other marine life and birds on a wildlife cruise in the San Juan Islands
In a city known for its rainfall, the sweet days of summer are a welcomed surprise for many visitors. We hope you will come and experience the sunny side of Seattle with us!
Photo by chrisphoto via creative commons
“We are proud members of the Association of Destination Management Executives International”